May 21, 2021 – Message from the SF
To: All Participants of the Singing River Health System Employees’ Retirement Plan and Trust
Dear Plan Participant,
I hope this letter finds you well. I want to share a few updates with you.
Judge Bell held a hearing on May 12th to discuss motions (requests) I made to him regarding the Plan. Decisions were made and are summarized in my May report to the Court posted here. Some highlights:
- The Plan document is being restated to incorporate changes to the Plan since 2014 and to clarify provisions and orders of the court. No new changes to benefits are being made. Once that document is finalized, I will post it here.
- The Investment Policy Statement was updated.
- The Plan will retain independent auditing services going forward.
- We will undertake a project to certify plan benefits for Plan participants who are not yet in pay status. This will save administrative costs over the long term.
- Beginning in August, monthly benefit payments will be made on the business day on or before the first of each month with the exception of January payments. Those will continue to be made on the first business day of the year.
- The Court has ordered that the names of nonvested Plan participants who are entitled to a refund of contributions be posted here on this website. The hope is that those who visit this website might contact these missing participants and direct them here so that they can claim their refund. Click here for a list of nonvested participants.
Thank you to all who attended the May 12th hearing.
I continue to make monthly reports to Judge Bell on the ongoing status of the Plan. I encourage you to read my reports to the Court and my letters here. Reading my monthly reports to Judge Bell and my letters here is the best way to stay up to date with accurate information.
I am and will continue to be working for you.
Traci Miller Christian
Singing River Health System Employees’ Retirement Plan and Trust